Sunday, January 2, 2011

Song: My Dreams

Greg Whitehead - My Dreams by GWGumby
Here's one of the things I did over my Christmas vacation. I've got a few more songs in the queue and I'm hoping sometime this year to collect them together and turn them all into an album.

Anyway, this song is called "My Dreams." Once again written, recorded, and sung by me (Greg). The inspiration and idea behind this song came from watching shows like "American Idol" where the people there are so convinced that their dreams of fame and fortune are the most important thing in the world and they'll do anything to make them come true. From that point of view, this song sort of emerged gradually throughout the year in my head and until I finally recorded it last week.

All synth sounds come from the Korg R3. Piano came from my digital piano, and drums from a software plug-in.

Here's the static YouTube video of the same song.

0 comments: